Show Me Love Learning Academy provides quality childcare services to children six weeks to Five years of age. Our mission is to serve children, staff, families and the communities. We have made a commitment to provide a positive, nurturing, loving and enriched learning environment that enhances experiences that foster cognitive, physical, social and emotional development in each child as an individual. We believe that educational childcare will make a positive difference in the lives of children. Our efforts direct parents to pursue careers and activities within our communities that strengthen and contribute to a healthy development of the family unit and the community as a whole.
Health and Safety
Our goal is to ensure that every child in our care is in the safest environment possible. In order to gain access to the Academy, we have a coded Security Entry System.
- Emergency contact cards are completed for each family and placed in your child’s classroom.
- Upon arrival, parents are required to wash their child’s hands before they enter the classroom. Staff and all children practice hand washing after diapering, restroom breaks, before meal times, before and after medication, and after administering First Aid.
- Children are taught to manage health practices independently.
- Professional Carpet Cleaners clean our carpets.
- We ensure meticulous cleaning and sanitizing of the Academy, equipment, and toys. All small toys are cleaned, disinfected, and sanitized several times each day. Large toys and cribs are cleaned as needed and at the end of each day. Linens and sheets are washed as needed and at the end of each day. Cots/mats are cleaned and disinfected after nap time every day.
- First Aid Kits are accessible to all teachers at all times. A phone call to the parent/guardian is required to report any injuries.
- Parents are responsible for bringing their children to the Academy in good health.
- If any child has been diagnosed with an illness, the parent, guardian, and/or emergency contact will be contacted and informed that the child must be picked up immediately. Any communicable diseases that are confirmed will be posted on each classroom door and the parent board by each time clock, and a form will be sent home with each child.
- Non-toxic play materials are provided.
- The staff has been trained about the proper procedures to prevent safety issues, and they are required to explain these to the children that are old enough to understand.
- Indoor and outdoor areas are arranged to avoid safety hazards; these areas are checked daily for any safety hazards.